Two social changes were going to impact the company’s core breakfast business: changes in eating habits away from meals to more snacks; and the emerging focus on healthier choices.
5 Phases were completed:
- WSL interpretation of client research
- Quantified shopper research to predict changes in eating habits
- Retail executive interviews to understand the retailers’ changing needs in breakfast and snacks and their expectations of our client
- Internal executive interviews into how the business had to change.
- Cross-functional workshop to encourage the need to rethink the company’s go-to-market strategies for breakfast and snacks.
Plans were developed to impact shoppers’ on the path to buying breakfast and snacks: pre-shop, in store, post shop.
Four growth strategies were implemented:
- New products with more variety
- Localization based on food habits and demand
- Solutions by meal occasion
- Acceleration of technology to connect with shoppers