A regional supermarket asked its leading soup vendor to help them retain Millennial shoppers.
WSL facilitated a 3-step process:
- Retail Safari® was organized that joined Millennial shoppers with our client’s sales team to tour the local supermarkets to see which best satisfied Millennials. WSL facilitated the Retail Safari®. Millennials commented on the store environment, selection and services that made shopping fast and easy.
- A SNAP followed the Retail Safari® to download immediate ideas to attract Millennials to the retail chain.
- Innovation: Two weeks later a WSL Workshop with the client’s cross-functional team developed programs to attract Millennial shoppers to the chain and to the soup aisle.
Six programs were created to engage Millennial shoppers:
- 2 included the soup category
- 3 focused on store services
- 1 used digital outreach.
The process was included in the client’s Shopper-Centric Problem Solving Tool Chest to be used across all retail accounts.